Keep settings from version to version?

Feb 11, 2014 at 2:52 AM
Is there any way to keep the settings from each older version when I upgrade to the newer version? Say if I edit the file renaming templates, can my saved settings carry over into the newer version?

Thanks
Feb 13, 2014 at 2:26 AM
I used to copy the configuration file from the previous install.

I was afraid of losing any new settings, so now I use a diff tool each release to merge my settings into the new configuration file.

Probably not an easy answer you were probably hoping for.
Coordinator
Feb 14, 2014 at 2:49 AM
The only way to keep the settings is to not copy the new settings file in. or cut and paste from your old settings file to this one. I have not implemented a difference engine or anything else to keep the program simple. I only very rarely change the settings and try to detail in the release notes if i do.
Jul 27, 2014 at 3:55 AM
Edited Jul 27, 2014 at 3:59 AM
I've tried to change the naming of contents in the templates for movies but the program seems to forget what I typed in the last time I used the program. Is there some way to keep the configuration settings from one session to another?

If i am making changes to the templates in the wrong place - Wher should I be making them?

Let me illustrate:

In the OPTIONS TAB, on the Line line "Description Template"-

MPAA:[%MPAA%] Rating:[%Rating%] [%Description%]

If I don't want MPAA ratings, WHERE should I change it to keep the changes from one session to the NEXT session? Deleting what I don't want works only for the current session, but when I restart the program a few days later, the OLD (DEFAULT) settings are in effect again.
Aug 18, 2014 at 3:25 PM
BTw.... WHAt is the configuration file called? Perhaps I'll try to use an old versions' configuration file that I have previously backed up. ( I actually made some backups!)