Suggestion: Use IMDB Rating

Mar 8, 2013 at 5:44 AM
It would be nice if this program had the feature to use the IMDB rating rather than themoviedb's rating. For example, one lesser-known movie that I enjoyed was displaying a rating of 4.0 based on themoviedb but that was coming from literally only 1 user rating. When I crosschecked with IMDB, the rating was 6.1 based on several hundred ratings. ThumbGen is an alternative metadata generator and in the settings it allows you to always choose IMDB rating over any "collector" prior to processing the batch. I like WDTVHubGen because it seems to format correctly with the native WD TV Live smp's theme so I do not have to fudge around with all that. I have a thousand or so movies, and it would be nice if I did not have to look up the rating on IMDB and manually edit each individual xml file.

Also less importantly, but it would be nice to be able to save user changes in the settings to a unique profile. That way you don't have to remember to change it each time you open the program.

Thanks.
Oct 16, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Edited Oct 16, 2013 at 3:30 PM
I'm currently using the v2.2 (2.1.6?) - I thought it was just me that couldn't get this program to save my preferences... and had to remember to re-enter them EACH TIME I restarted the program.

I seem to an remember earlier version used to save my preferences.... but I could be going insane from dealing with this issue :)

But I agree, I would like to see more USER OPTIONS in this program, including your idea of IMDB vs theMovieDB vs ROTTEN TOMATOE ratings, MPAA vs Europe Age ratings, and that is only the few I can remember!