Metadata on top level of gallery view?

Mar 27, 2012 at 12:08 PM

First of all, thanks for a fantastic product.

I just started using this last night, and one thing I thought would be nice was to be able to see some of the metadata info on the top level of the gallery. All the fields are blank (except for the movie cover .jpg) until I actually go in to the movie folder then everything is visible. Would it be possible to have some of the top level info populated, or do  I just have to copy the metadata files from within each movie up to the root of the movie folder?

Thanks.

Coordinator
May 11, 2012 at 2:55 PM

question: do you have this directory structure:

folder --

Titantic Movie folder --

titantic.avi

titantic.xml

if yes, this is how wdtv does it.  I moved all of my movies (and xml/thumbs) to the same directory (action, etc..) check out the intro page for a description of how i Have it organized.

hope this helps

Jeff

Dec 1, 2012 at 8:54 AM

I have exactly the same problem.

If I use your structure:

-> Movies
   -> Merida (2012)
       with the content: Merida.MKV, Merida.JPG, Merida.XML    (*.JPG and *.XML from your WDTVHubGen program)

All the information from your great program are available only after pressing ENTER on the folder "Merida (2012)" (on my WDTV Streaming Media Player).

At the toplevel - where I can see all the JPG-Covers from inside the individual movie folders - I can't see the metadata.

Do we have no way to present this metadata at this level (exactly as we can see it inside the folder, just without the backdrops?)