"Ignored"-Problem

Dec 29, 2011 at 3:19 PM

Hello everybody,

i have about 100 DVD-Rips on my WDTV Live Hub. But the program finds only 5 of them!!! WHY??
I find something out: The 5 movies which where found are "FULL-DVD-Rips" (with menu, all subtitles, etc.).
Die other Movie-Folder are "Only-MainMovie-Rips". Following files are in these VIDEO-TS folder: VIDEO_TS.BUP, VIDEO_TS.IFO, VTS_01_0.BUP, VTS_01_0.IFO, VTS_01_1.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB, VTS_01_3.VOB, VTS_01_4.VOB,

Has anybody an idea????

Sorry, my english is not the best. ;)

greetz

Jan 1, 2012 at 5:19 AM
Edited Jan 1, 2012 at 5:21 AM

WDTVHubGen can only search the database by filename I.E. "Starwars Episode 1.MKV", since VTS_01.VOB is a generic filename, the program cannot search the menu within the DVD rip for the movie title and it will not be able to retrieve your metadata for these movies. A fix is possible, though it will be time consuming in your case. You can download the trial program DVDFab (my favorite) to convert the files into a .ISO file naming them the title of the movie, such as Starwars.ISO or whatever name the movie is. WDTV Live Hub is capable of reading the full contents of the DVD.ISO as if it were in separate .VOB files. From now on make this your practice to save the RIP's as .ISO files and you wont have this problem. Or when RIP'ing them into .MKV or .AVI or .WMV files to save space by compressing them. Though using this method you don't get the DVD menu, only the main movie. Personally I have mainly .MKV and .AVI files rather than DVD ISO's cause I never watch the other content on most DVD's.

Coordinator
Jan 1, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Rob2103,

the program searches for vts_01_0.ifo if it finds that it searches the database based on the FOLDER name this file is contained, this is why it only works occasionally for you, make sure the folder name is as good as possible.

Jan 10, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Edited Jan 10, 2013 at 8:46 PM

That is exactly true. One of the Lookup Parameters = Suppress VOB Processing.  This is set to True to ensure you only create one set of files for the movie rather than one for each chapter.

I use .ISO files as well as the DVD folders, but the problem is that the Media Library on WDTV Live does not handle .ISO files as far as I can tell. The only way I have been able to play them is directly via a Windows Share.

All my files are on a NAS BTW, but I don't think that matters.

Quite a few of my DVDs I tried so far do not have the 01_0 VOB (they only have the .IFO file).

It may be that the presence of the VTS_01_0.IFO might be a better indicator that a movie is present.

Also worth noting HubGen changes the name of the folder from video_ts (which is needed by some media libraries) to vts_01_0) so watch out.