How does the Hubgen handle "Special" episodes

Oct 28, 2011 at 10:07 PM

Hi all

Firstly - apologies if this has been mentioned, covered elsewhere or not the correct place - but I am trying to use the hubgen to rename "Only Fools and Horses" episodes to use with the hub.

All works fine until it gets to the "Special" episode of each season and the hubgen can't find it ... but it is listed on the tvdb.com. what I am wondering what naming convention do I give the file - here are some examples of what I have tried to no avail...

Only.Fools.and.Horses.SPxE03.-. Diamonds are for Heather
       Only.Fools.and.Horses.02x09.-. Diamonds are for Heather

The reason for the query is at the bottom of the season list on the tvdb the episodes are listed as "specials"

Thanks in advance

Ian

Nov 6, 2011 at 5:13 AM

thetvdb lists "specials" as Season #0 (I know it seems strange, but that is how they do it).

For the specific example you listed, "Diamonds are for Heather", this should be named as Season 0 Episode 3.

I named a file "Only.Fools.and.Horses.S00E03.mkv" and it correctly renamed it to:
"Only.Fools.and.Horses.00x03.-.Diamonds.Are.For.Heather.mkv"

So, any episode that is a "special" needs to be renamed to Season #0. See here for proper numbering of the episodes:
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=75628&seasonid=23089&lid=7

Hope this helps.

Nov 6, 2011 at 1:38 PM

Hi Twig123  -

Thank you so so much for this - it's a great help :) .... Yahoo I can now properly name the series

Thanks again

Ian